Posted February 14, 2017
Camp Kinderland has openings in our kitchen this summer. We are looking to fill several Prep Cook positions. Salaries commensurate with experience. The start date is June 25, and the last date of employment is August 19, 2016 with opportunity for re-hiring for future summers. Camp Kinderland is located in Tolland, Massachusetts.
Camp Kinderland is a multicultural overnight summer camp and community that honors our progressive secular Jewish roots through our commitment to economic, racial, and social justice. Kinderland’s summer programming and year around activities integrate progressive values with arts, recreation, and activism in a compassionate and caring environment.
- Assist the head cook with management all aspects of Food Services for Residential Camp
- Assist the head cook with planning and preparing our summer menu for 7 weeks for up to 280 people per meal
- Follow Massachusetts Health Department regulations pertaining to safe food handling
- Assist the head cook with ordering and check-in of all food and supplies
- Keep kitchen clean and sanitized in accordance with the MA Dept of health
- Keep inventory up to date
- Assist the head cook and administrative staff in creating a plan for a Zero-Waste kitchen, including recycling, reusing, compost, proper ordering and maintenance of food and supplies, water use, etc.
- Knowledge of food allergies and food related diseases as well as the ingredients that can cause the allergies or diseases
- Be willing to prepare special foods for both campers and staff i.e. gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, etc.
Please send your resume to Executive Director Cindy Zingher at CindyZ@kinderland.org.
Email Cindy or call 718-643-0771 with any questions.