Become a Peer Fundraiser for the CONNECT Campaign
Posted: April 6, 2017 |
By: Ileana Font-Soloway |
Category: Get Involved, Support Camp Kinderland
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Peer Fundraiser. By telling your camp story, setting a fundraising goal, and reaching out to your network by email and on social media, you can help us get to our goal of $40,000 or more for improved and expanded sports facilities in 40 days!
Here is how it works:
- Go to the CONNECT CAMPAIGN PAGE and click on the green “Become a Fundraiser” button on the right hand side of the screen.
- Enter your name, email address and create a password for your account, then check the “I am not a robot” box, and click submit.
- You will receive an email with a verification code to login. Follow the email instructions.
- Once you login, you can change your photo by clicking the Edit Profile button.
- Then, click the Edit Page button to determine your fundraising goal amount and tell your story. [Scroll down for talking points to help you tell your story] Make sure to save your changes. Your personal statement will become the first paragraph of your fundraising page, with the text from the main campaign page directly below it.
- Now share your page with your family and friends using the social media and email links on your page and keep sharing until you reach your goal!
Talking Points and Examples
Asking for donations can be hard, and doesn’t come naturally to most people. The key is to remember that you are offering an opportunity for your friends and family to be a part of something special, something unique, and something that is making the world a better place, one camper at a time. Need some ideas about how to bring in the bucks? Here are some helpful talking points to get you started:
- Make it personal. Share why camp is not just important, but important to you. ex: “My parents met at Camp Kinderland, so I wouldn’t be here today if it weren’t for this special summer camp with a conscience!”
- Share a specific memory. Bring your friends into your experience by sharing a funny or heartfelt story that they can relate to. ex: “Camp Kinderland was the place I…learned how to swim, had my first kiss, developed an activist spirit”
- Talk about its impact on you. Tell your friends why you have Kinderland to thank for your career choice, your social justice engagement, or for introducing you to the friends you have had for a lifetime, and how this has helped you become the person you are today. ex: “It if weren’t for Kinderland, I may never have developed a passion for socially conscious theater, so ConsciousClowning may never have gotten off the ground!”
- Make a clear and actionable pitch. Explain why you are asking for donations, and ask your contacts for a specific amount.
CLICK HERE TO SEE A SAMPLE PEER FUNDRAISING PAGE
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org