Job Description: Event Planner for 100th Anniversary Celebration
ABOUT CAMP KINDERLAND
Camp Kinderland is a multicultural summer camp and community that honors our progressive secular Jewish roots through our commitment to economic, racial, and social justice. Kinderland’s summer programming and year around activities integrate progressive values with arts, recreation, and activism in a compassionate and caring environment. Camp Kinderland is also an independent not-for-profit 501c3 organization registered in both Massachusetts and New York State.
Camp Kinderland is looking for an experienced Event Planner to help plan and execute the 100th Anniversary celebration which will take place in the Fall of 2023. This will be a full weekend event. The correct individual must be prepared to help advise the internal committees on the Friday evening and Sunday morning activities, and take the lead on planning and executing a full day and evening event on Saturday. This event is not only a reunion celebration, but also an important fundraiser for the organization.
We are looking for an experienced event planner who has planned and executed multifaceted fundraising and celebratory events. Key competencies include, but are not limited to: knowledge of ticketing, sponsorships, and fundraising; creation of programs and run of show; and experience coordinating complex logistics. Someone with experience working with small non-profit Boards as well as knowledge of New York City venues and vendors is a plus.
General Event Management
- Create and manage event timeline
- Assist in creation of and adherence to event budget
- Attend and help run meetings and guide decision making with internal committees (committees include but aren’t limited to: Fundraising and Ticketing; Communications and Marketing; Event Program; Historical Archives/Film; and Printed Journal)
Fundraising and Communications
- Create sponsorship and ticket levels as well as underwriting strategy
- Build and manage an online ticketing site
- Oversee and manage collateral design including invitation, event signage, digital and print sponsor recognition, and other items as needed
- Oversee silent auction including guidance and help obtaining auction items, creation of bid sheets and signage, set-up and oversight of auction, and cashout and invoicing
- Guide media outreach and publicity
Event Logistics and Program
- Take lead on finding venue for event
- Research, secure, and manage all vendors (catering, photographer, AV, others as needed)
- Handle decor and atmosphere
- Prepare guest lists, confirm attendance with guests, and run guest check-in
- Oversee all event logistics from set-up to breakdown
- Provide a team for on-site event management including but not limited to: daytime activities, silent auction, Saturday evening program
- Help secure performers and speakers for Saturday evening program
- Create event scripts and technical scripts/run of show for Saturday evening program
- Serve as point of contact for speakers, performers, and volunteers
- Create post-event reports and debriefs
- Other responsibilities as required
HOW TO APPLY
- Please email a cover letter and resume or C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Reunion Event Planner” in the subject line.